New "Coding Cards" Smartphone App Provides Emergency Physicians with Greater Documentation Accuracy 01/03/2011
Atlanta, Ga. – January 03, 2012 –Medical Management Professionals, Inc. (MMP), a leading national firm providing billing and practice management services to hospital-based emergency department (ED) physicians and practices, introduces ED Coding Cards, a free smartphone app that features a set of handy reference cards designed specifically to assist ED physicians with documenting Evaluation and Management (E/M) services as well as EKG and X-ray interpretations.
Designed for the Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, the ED Coding Cards app provides ED physicians with help on the following:
- Outline of documentation – documentation requirements for E/M codes including history,physical exam and medical decision making
- Examples of E/M codes from the CPT vignettes
- EKG interpretation requirements and examples
- X-ray interpretation requirements and examples
- Charting ED levels of E/M services